Janome Skyline S5 High-end Sewing Machine
Janome Skyline S5 is High-end QUALITY Sewing Machine. A modern sensibility meets the comforts of convenience. The Skyline S5 includes the features to take your sewing to a new level. A spacious bed provides room for larger quilting and home dec projects while its easy convenience features like Automatic Thread Cutter and Memorized Needle Up/Down will save you time and make your sewing easier. The unique features of 9mm stitches width able to create more of your own beautiful projects with large designs. This computerized machine has top of the line features at a mid-level price. Take your sewing to new heights experience with the Janome Skyline S5 model.
Janome Trusted Quality for Janome Skyline S5
- Janome machines are known for their superior stitch quality and sturdy and durable machine construction. For generations, sewists have relied on the Janome brand, with confidence that their machine can handle any task, from trudging through thick layers, to easily stitching delicate fabrics.
- No matter your sewing style or ability level, the Skyline S5 offers the power and intuitive design to expand your expertise. Beginners can take advantage of the ease of use, like the Easy Set Bobbin and Speed Control Slider. More advanced sewists will enjoy Janome signature features like the One Step Needle Plate Converter and the Superior Feed System (SFS+) as well as the precision of 91 needle positions and 9mm stitches width.
Key Features for Janome Skyline S5
- 170 Built-In Stitches
- 10 One-Step Buttonholes
- 4 Built-In Alphabets
- Top Loading Full Rotary Hook Bobbin
- Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+)
- Automatic Thread Tension
- One-Hand Needle Threader
- Snap On Presser Feet
- Easy Set Bobbin
- Bobbin Winding Plate with Cutter
- Memorized Needle Up/Down
- One Step Needle Plate Conversion
- 7 Piece Feed Dog
- Free Arm
- Drop Feed
- Start/Stop Button
- Speed Control Slider
- Locking Stitch Button
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Easy Reverse Button
- Adjustable Knee Lift
- Extra High Presser Foot Lift
- Auto Declutch Bobbin Winder
- Backlit LCD Screen
- Foot pressure Adjustment
- 6 LED Lights in 3 Convenient Locations
- Maximum Stitch Width: 9mm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 5mm
- Maximum Sewing Speed: 1,000 SPM
- Work Space Area Size: 8.25" x 4.7"
- Semi-Hard cover Included
- 11 Standard Feet and Accessories Included
- Optional Accessory Kits - Coming Soon.
Standard Accessories For Janome Skyline S5
- 1/4 Inch Seam Foot O
- Automatic Buttonhole Foot
- Blind Hem Foot G
- Button Sewing Foot
- Buttonhole Stabilizer Plate
- Darning Foot
- Even Feed Foot 9mm
- Knee Lifter
- Long Quilting Guide Bar Set
- Overedge Foot M
- Rolled Hem Foot
- Satin Stitch Foot
- Zig-Zag Foot
- Zipper Foot E
Features and Benefits of the Skyline S5
The Skyline S5 has many features packed away inside.
- 170 Built in Stitches with 10 One-Step Buttonholes
- Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+)
- 9mm Stitch Width
- 6 Ultra-Bright LED Lights in 3 Locations
170 Built-in Stitches
- 170 built-in stitches including 10 buttonholes gives you the perfect range of stitches for any task. Special buttonhole settings allow fine adjustments for precise detail.
91 Needle Positions
- The Skyline S5 offers an unbelievable 91 needle positions. This allows for more detail in decorative stitches, and incredible fine adjustments in all stitch creation. And with 9mm stitch width, this sort of bold detail can be easily appreciated.
- You can create 9mm wide stitches on your Skyline S5. The extra width makes all of your decorative stitches bolder, brighter, and more distinct. Wider, more distinct stitches allow you to fill more area with stitching, quicker - saving you valuable time while sewing.
6 Ultra Bright LED Lights
- Ultra-birght LED lights in three locations illuminate the bed of the machine, providing a dazzling work area. Be able to vivdly see your projects and with the extra light, seeing smaller areas is easier.
Auto Tension System - When "A" is selected on the tension dial, the machine adjusts the tension based on fabric thickness. Especially useful when switching between fabric layers and types. Allows user to create perfect stitch consistency on a wide range of materials. The user can set his/her own tension traditionally by selecting from the numbers on the tension dial.
Stitch Selection Type
The Backlit Digital LCD Screen shows a range of data for stitches and the feet selection. This very helpful sewing information is displayed in crisp, clear characters with a backlit option to help with visibility. Easy navigation keys are located near the screen and allow the user to easily select a stitch choice and for customization.
Easy Convenience Features for Janome Skyline S5
Advanced Start / Stop Button
- The start/stop button allows the machine to sew without using the foot pedal. This feature is great for sewing long seams, or for quick mending. This button also allows for speed control. At the start of your seam, simply press and hold to slowly accelerate to your set speed. At the end, press and hold to slow down, and release the button to stop sewing. This new Janome exclusive feature allows great control at the start and end of seams.
Automatic Thread Cutter
- Thread is cut at the push of a button. No reaching for scissors, or wrapping thin threads around back to a blade. The innovative thread cutter leaves short thread tails, which saves the most amount of thread possible when cutting.
Easy Reverse Button
- The Reverse button allows you to easily backstitch for locking seams. With the tip of your finger, this conveniently located button can also be used to stop a stitch pattern before its completion.
- The locking stitch button ties off the end of the thread. No need to backstitch to lock a seam. This is ideal for securing seams on delicate fabrics, or when using decorative stitches.
Memorized Needle Up/Down
- Push the button to set the needle to stop in the up or down position. Set the needle in the down position for easy pivoting on corners and for seamless free motion embroidery. Set the needle to the up position for easy fabric removal.
One Step™ Plate Converter
- Using the right tools at the right time is important in sewing. When using lightweight fabrics, or piecing quilts, a straight stitch needle plate makes all the difference. Our One Step™ Plate Converter allows you to easily switch and use the perfect plate for your project. Simply press a button to release one plate to be swapped for another. It only takes seconds, and no screwdriver or external tools are required for the process.To view more information about the One Step™ Plate Converter, click the link below.
Ergonomic Knee Lift
- The ergonomic knee lift is a lever that extends downward from the machine, so that the user can control the presser foot with their knee. This is very helpful when sewing a project that requires you to keep both hands on the fabric at all times. Your hands don't have to move to raise or lower the presser foot! Also, the Ergonomic Knee Lift is useful for quilting and appliqué when fabric needs to be frequently maneuvered. The lift is adjustable so the user can place it in the most comfortable position.
Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+)
- The Superior Plus Feed System features a unique 7-piece feed dog system that stays parallel as it moves up and down. This maintains constant contact with the fabric your sewing. This "flat feed" technology provides better control, whether you're sewing forwards, or backwards.
Easy Set Bobbin Case & Cover
- The specially designed bobbin case and cover means there is no need to pull long threads tails up and through when you thread your machine. Slip the bobbin thread in the cover plate guide and the built in cutting blades trim the tail to the correct length for a super-clean start to your stitching line. After the initial threading, the auto-thread cutter takes care of trimming and re-setting the tails each time.
Speed Control Slider
- Set the speed for comfortable sewing the speed control slider. This slider allows you to set the top and low end speeds of the machine. Set to slower speeds for intricate work, and high speeds for long straight seams. This is a popular feature amongst beginners. Never sew faster than what you are comfortable with. This minimizes risk of user error and injury. The Skyline S5 features a 1000 stitches per minute max sewing speed and 60 stitches per minute minimum.
Bobbin Winder Plate With Cutter
- The new bobbin winder plate has five cutting blades. With faster and smoother winding and easy thread cutting, your bobbin is ready to go.
Download(s) for Product Brochure & Manual For Janome Skyline S5
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question.